- New York, NY, USA
The Surfrider Foundation is seeking a talented and experienced Associate Director of Development to provide leadership and vision in advancing the organization’s fundraising efforts on the East Coast with an emphasis on the New York metropolitan area. The Associate Director will create a comprehensive plan focused on major-gift fundraising to increase donation revenue in the area. Success will be measured by revenue generated and ability to achieve goals.
- With the Director of Development, set fundraising goals for the organization including creating a pipeline and timeline, and agreement of internal and external supports needed to achieve goals.
- Plan, organize and direct major donor fundraising campaigns as well as other fundraising programs.
- Manage a portfolio of major donor prospects and funders.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors, corporations and foundations.
- Develop donor relations strategies and stewardship for major gifts.
- Plan and coordinate cultivation and solicitation visits by the Director of Development, CEO and Board Members of Surfrider Foundation, as appropriate.
- Prepare solicitations and pitch proposals as well as other collateral materials for major donor solicitation.
- Assist in the writing of proposals for solicitation of foundation and/or corporate prospects.
- Participate in the planning and execution of fundraising events in the New York area.
- Assist local Surfrider chapters with fundraising planning and execution.
- Develop and execute a plan to raise $250,000 dollars in net revenue within the first 18-24 months
- Set revenue goals and successfully meet or exceed those goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in non-profit management, business administration or related field.
- 2-4 years experience in nonprofit fundraising with emphasis on major gifts.
- Proven ability to solicit and close major gifts
- Track record of managing a portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Strong knowledge of the corporate and foundation community and an understanding of fundraising from these sectors.
- Ability to set goals, manage to these goals and report on activities and milestones associated with these goals.
- Success in meeting or surpassing annual revenue goals.
- Ability to manage projects in an organized and efficient manner and meet deadlines.
- Experience in conceptualizing, planning and managing fundraising events/galas.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Communication technology; Internet software and Salesforce.
- Ability to work remotely, autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills; comfortable communicating with all levels of internal staff and donors
- Proven written and oral communications skills
- Innovative, creative, and adaptable
- Knowledge of surfing, coastal environment and beach culture a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
Interested candidates should submit by email a cover letter, resume and reference list to:
Re: Associate Director of Development
P.O. Box 6010
San Clemente, CA 92674
*Please title resume and cover letter documents using this convention: lastname_resume.doc & lastname_cover.doc
Deadline: TBD – early submissions are strongly encouraged.
Phone inquiries and walk-ins will not be accepted – thank you for your understanding.
The Surfrider Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.