- 1030 15th Street NW, Suite 1100W Washington, DC, US 20005
Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications and working closely with the Director, Membership and Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Digital Communications leads the implementation of integrated fundraising and engagement plans through digital channels for the Communications and Membership teams. Fundraising and engagement strategies include efforts to acquire, convert, and retain constituents through integrated event, advocacy, and revenue-generating programs.
The Associate Director will also oversee robust digital brands for Share Our Strength, directing a team of 5. He or she will be responsible for elevating the No Kid Hungry brand through improving internal processes and external communication, and implementing a successful brand strategy. The successful candidate will balance a diverse set of priorities ranging from messaging, advertising, and campaign creation to analytics, testing, people management, and budgeting. This role works in close partnership with other members of the communications team, the fundraising team, outside vendors, and with other internal/external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine goals for and lead the implementation of strategies and growth for ongoing integrated fundraising and engagement plans through digital channels, including some day-to-day management of relationships with digital strategy vendors.
- Manage a digital team working on email marketing, social media, web, and emerging platform channels.
- Working extensively, and in partnership with the membership team (fundraising), collaborate on the implementation of digital strategies that support the fundraising goals of the online program.
- Utilizing data-driven methodologies and industry best practices, be responsible for project deadlines, processes, standards, and policies for all Share Our Strength digital properties, working to continually improve user experience, grow fundraising, elevate the brand, and engage our digital community.
- In collaboration with the fundraising and communications teams, grow and engage the online network.
- Provide strong technical and strategic leadership for all digital projects, serving as a thought leader and champion for emerging technologies and techniques that can be used to increase online engagement/giving.
- Responsible (in conjunction with the digital brand team) for overseeing production calendars and processes for consistent, timely and integrated electronic communication with Share Our Strength’s audiences in email, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Directly oversee the digital communications budget for the organization and be accountable – in partnership with the communications and fundraising teams – for shared revenue goals.
- Serve as the organizational lead for digital metrics and testing plans to optimize fundraising and engagement based on prior results. Lead reporting of results to various stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field (preferred) and at least 6 years of experience or an equivalent years of work experience.
- 2-3 years of people management experience within a digital communications team in a nonprofit setting with the ability to provide support and grow team members.
- Proven experience and demonstrated results in digital project management through its full lifecycle. Ability to analyze available information for the purpose of coordinating efforts, planning, & implementing projects in a best practices environment.
- Experience growing, mobilizing, and engaging interest in digital communities in a wide range of multi-channel activities.
- Experience with a combination of the following skills: developing/managing digital direct marketing campaigns, list-building strategies, online community building/social media, SEO, paid acquisition, online fundraising, user experience, mobile optimization, web design, and web development.
- A proven understanding of digital content marketing, advertising, and branding, with a strong desire to continue learning innovative methods for communicating a brand online.
- A demonstrated ability to build consensus and work effectively across departments.
- Excellent verbal, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, with experience writing strong email engagement messages strong preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required with excellent problem-solving and implementation skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to set deadlines and communicate them firmly and professionally to stakeholders.
Apply here: Share Our Strength