Listed in Clean Tech & Renewables
- Los Angeles, CA
The Wonderful Company is currently looking for a Strategy Consultant, Renewable Energy and Sustainability Solutions. This position can be located in either or Los Angeles office or our Central Valley office near Bakersfield, CA. This is a joint venture role between Strategy and Capital Projects and as such reports to the Vice President of Strategy with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President of Capital Projects. This is an exciting new position being added to an expanding and high-growth team with big plans ahead.
As an agricultural company, we are deeply committed to protecting and conserving our natural resources. In partnership with industry leaders and universities, Wonderful directs significant resources toward cutting-edge research and groundbreaking technology to improve our product quality and operational efficiency while also minimizing our impact on the environment. To date, we have invested more than $120 million in protecting our natural resources.
Within the Wonderful Company and its operating companies, the Strategy Group works to improve company performance both through new growth initiatives and efficiency/cost reduction actions. As a member of this Group, the Consultant will primarily explore alternate ways for us to use and/or create renewable energy sources and other renewables and also evaluate sustainability initiatives.
Initial project examples include using agricultural waste such as a plywood substitute, commercializing biodiesel from plant operations, and using pomegranate waste to generate animal feed.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Analyze the commercial viability of potential uses for renewable energy, including product development, market research, operational requirements, and financial analyses.
- Research relevant state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Interface directly with operating company senior management to create and operationalize business plans for the most promising opportunities.
- Form strong working relationships and partnerships with business unit leaders and personnel.
- Position designed to ideally lead to placement within an operating company.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum three years total work experience, ideally including experience in a project-based consulting role.
- Experience in renewable energy or sustainability is a plus. A technical background is not required, but the ideal candidate should be comfortable using input from engineers to inform commercial and operational strategy.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from a leading program preferred
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to present to a range of stakeholders
- Self-motivated individual and able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated passion for making a difference.
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Onsite subsidized high end cafeteria offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free onsite yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life balance.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
Apply here: The Wonderful Company