- Cockeysville, MD
Future Harvest CASA is seeking a full-time, self-motivated, highly organized, tech-savvy, and visionary person to manage communications and outreach for Future Harvest CASA. This is a one-year, full-time contract position, with option to renew.
About the Job:
The manager will develop and begin implementation of a strategic communications and outreach plan. This will involve assessing the organization’s current communications and outreach efforts and setting the vision, goals, objectives, and activities best suited to further Future Harvest CASA’s mission. The manager will support our program staff and Executive Director. Responsibilities will include:
· growing our membership and reach through innovative communications, list management, and regular outreach
· working with staff to produce an engaging and informative bimonthly e-newsletter
· developing engaging online and print content such as blogs, videos, podcasts, infographics, farmer profiles, and case studies, and producing print materials such as promotional brochures, fact sheets, and resource guides
· further developing our social media presence and “personality” and posting strategically to our channels using best practices; working with staff to unify and coordinate social media and messaging efforts
· developing an outreach campaign to better connect consumers to farmers and vice versa
· promoting the Amazing Grazing directory and the grazers listed within, plus other organizational products
· promoting online and via the press all our education and fundraising events, including the annual conference and Chesapeake Foodshed Feast
· developing press relationships and writing engaging press releases
· maintaining consistent, professional writing across channels and programs; developing an informal style guide
· assisting with grant writing and editing
· using analytics and user data to improve social media communications and web content
· managing an editorial calendar to schedule and organize timely and relevant communications
· giving technical help to staff when using webinar technology, webcasting, and other communications technology
assisting with other communications projects as necessary
attending our field programs and other events to document and create outreach postings and products.
You work well in a virtual team, are used to producing with few resources, are tech-savvy, and know your way around the food and farming community. You are a clear, succinct, and compelling communicator across multiple platforms from print to social media to press releases. You can think of few better ways to use your skills than to advance sustainable agriculture in the Chesapeake region.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
-Demonstrated excellent writing and verbal communications skills including producing content for websites, newsletters, and social media platforms
-Strong editing and proofreading skills
-Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects and tasks
-Savvy about garnering press attention for our issues and staff
-Desire and ability to work independently and at home
-Strong organizational skills and storytelling expertise
-Proficient in Drupal (or other web platform), InDesign, Adobe -PhotoShop, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic HTML
-Video and podcast experience a plus
-Experience working with graphic designers and printers
-Solid interpersonal skills
-Interest/experience in sustainable agriculture; knowledge of farming issues and area farmers
-Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on writing and communications
Supervision: The Communications Manager will report directly to the Executive Director, but supports all program staff.
Location: The Communications Manager must be willing to work from home, but is encouraged to use the office in Cockeysville, MD if convenient.
Hourly rate: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Closing date: July 29, 2016
Please submit cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and references to email@example.com with Communications Manager in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.