- 50 Hurt Plaza, Suite #825, Atlanta, GA 30303
The Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating media strategy for the full range of SGCC research and educational campaigns. This role is also responsible for shaping and implementing all communications which enhance membership value, raise the profile and awareness of SGCC in the stakeholder community, and helps implement strategies and meet objectives of SGCC’s strategic plan as it relates to communications.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate media strategy for research releases, educational campaigns, stakeholder education projects and other activities.
- Assist in the development and preparation of SGCC publications, white papers, fact sheets and other communication materials for smart grid consumer projects.
- Plan, manage and execute all social media programs and initiatives which include integrated marketing communications via various digital mediums including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Assist in the promotion of SGCC and its members through preparation and publication of newsletters, member spotlights, and social media outreach and campaigns.
- Promote the annual SGCC symposium and members meeting and other SGCC events.
- Prepare and maintain an up-to-date conference calendar for speaking engagements and presentation opportunities for SGCC. Prepare abstracts and submit for conferences for SGCC and members.
- Organize and maintain media for SGCC. Ensure all media hits are tracked and are placed on SGCC’s website.
- Develop and update media lists.
- Manage public relations agency or consultant to ensure SGCC receives value for the expense, public relations goals are met and efforts are well coordinated with position responsibilities.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development or promotional efforts
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Five years’ experience in communications or closely related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Excellent public/media relations skills and ability to communicate well with writers, editors, and publishers.
- Strong oral, excellent editing and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, and social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with energy or consumer education knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and members.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure gracefully.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and manage projects to a successful completion.
1. The Communications Specialist will work in an office environment in downtown Atlanta with some working from home opportunities.
2. The Communications Specialist may be required to travel and work evenings and weekends during SGCC’s two annual events.
Send Resumes & Related Documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All inquiries and submissions will be held in strictest confidence. Deadline for submissions is July 15th 2016.