Listed in Ecotourism
- Parry Sound, Ontario
Paid, full-time 1 year internship with Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve Inc. in Parry Sound, Ontario
Summary: The purpose of the Ecotourism Development Coordinator position is to assist in the development and implementation of the “Amazing Places” ecotourism program in order to benefit the regional economy from increased numbers of year-round visitors. The 2014 pilot project reached over 200,000 people and this position will help develop a fully market-ready program with tourism and municipal partners.
- Administrative duties associated with the program, including logistics and support.
- Outreach to local business partners and tourism industry operators.
- Create high quality interpretative materials for each Amazing Places site.
- Assist in the overall project delivery by measuring program impacts and outcomes.
- Work with local businesses to measure and communicate key benefits of the program, market-readiness, signage, and support regional cross-marketing opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of a strategic plan for the Amazing Places program
- Media relations- press releases, media kit and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Post-secondary graduate with demonstrated interest and skills in economic development.
- First-time employment within the related field without previous participation in an internship program.
- General and technical computer skills, including Adobe Photoshop.
- Interest in tourism, marketing and communications, or outdoor recreation.
- Be committed and willing to obtain their Economic Development Certificate (Ec. D) through the University of Waterloo, as accredited by the Economic Development Council of Ontario.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a vehicle.
General Project Information
Term of employment: One year internship, with possible extension
Salary: $34,840 (40 hours per week)
Place of Employment: Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve, 17 George Street, Parry Sound, ON
Please send a cover letter and resume by Friday, June 26, 2015 to:
Attention: Brittany Mahnke