Listed in Waste Management
- PO Box 20488, Manhattan, NY, 10009, US
This position is at the Gowanus E-waste warehouse in Brooklyn, one of the LES Ecology Center’s main programs, and offers candidates who are interested in issues of electronic waste and reuse an opportunity to be part of a team to develop the reuse program’s growth and impact. The position is best suited to someone who has experience fixing electronics, together with retail experience and/or on-line sale platforms, such as e-bay, and is comfortable working in a warehouse environment.
Job responsibilities include:
– Handling and sorting electronic equipment
– Evaluating, testing and refurbishing materials
– Maintaining inventory of reused materials including materials for the Reuse Store as well as “back of house” supplies
– Interacting with customers of ReUse store, including answering technical questions and assisting production companies/artists interested in renting materials from prop library
– Conducting educational workshops for hardware and software computer literacy
– Communicating program information to members of the public
– Volunteer management, train, mentor and supervise volunteers in the refurbishment of unwanted electronics
– Bachelors degree or higher
– Technical skills to troubleshoot and refurbish computers and other electronics
– Demonstrated interest and/or experience with reuse of recycling of electronics
– Past experience developing and conducting workshops teaching basic hardware/software computer skills a plus
– Strong writing, communications and organizational skills
– Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
– Able to work well as part of a team and to demonstrate leadership
– Experience working with volunteers a plus
– Technical certification a plus
– Weekend availability (warehouse is open Tuesday – Saturday)
This is a full-time position that reports to the team’s manager and collaborates daily with other e-waste program staff. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. The Lower East Side is an equal opportunity employer.