Listed in Construction
- Geismar, LA, USA
This position is responsible to direct and coordinate development, implementation, maintenance and continual evaluation of site environmental programs, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations and to assist plant and corporate personnel in administering the facility’s Environmental Management System in support International Standard ISO 14001.
- Maintain knowledge in major areas of environmental regulations; assess and advise impact of new or revised regulations: represent Company at public hearings, industry trade associations, and citizen, community and professional groups on topics within scope of responsibility.
- Provide training and orientation programs for plant personnel on environmental aspects of their positions.
- Prepare and review necessary documentation to maintain compliance with state and federal permit requirements.
- Develop and obtain necessary environmental permit and permit modifications to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain contacts with governmental agencies to become regulatory liaison with applicable agencies.
- Site lead for environmental regulatory inspections, compliance audits and permitting activities.
- Respond to and lead investigations to environmental incidents.
- Provide immediate notifications and follow-up reports as required for state and federal release reporting requirements.
- Coordinate environmental department activities with other plant departments and as appropriate with other business units.
- Assist in preparation of required regulatory reports.
- Maintain management system for ISO 14001 certification.
- Manage Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) program.
- Maintain environmental records.
- Provide technical guidance, training, performance feedback and coaching for environmental department members.
- Work with Management staff to develop strategies to implement facility modifications in compliance with all applicable permits and regulations including Title V, New Source Review, LPDES Permit, and Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan
- B.S. in Chemistry, Engineering, or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 8-12 years’ of experience in a chemical manufacturing setting with particular emphasis on environmental compliance.
- Previous experience in a supervisory/managerial role is preferred.
Special Training or Competencies
- Must have thorough knowledge of federal and Louisiana environmental regulations
- Must have understanding of chemical processes and manufacturing facility
- Must have excellent organizational skills including multi-tasking
- Must have project management skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must have communication, presentation, and teamwork skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving ability
- Current training/certification incumbent to position (RCRA, DOT, Certified Environmental Trainer, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, etc.) or other professional certifications (PE, CIH, etc.) preferred.
Apply Here: Environmental Manager