- Los Angeles, CA
The West Coast USA Field Service Technician reports to the West Coast USA Field Service Manager in the Service organization. The Service organization is responsible for customer support, spare parts management, service engineering, service contract execution, and field service of Doosan Fuel Cell America’s stationary fuel cell fleet.
The West Coast USA Field Service Technician will provide hands on maintenance and repair services to Doosan FCA’s fleet of stationary power fuel cells. The field technician will participate in commissioning of new fuel cell sites, as well as complete troubleshooting, testing, and repair of existing fuel cell installations.
We are looking for newly licensed tradespeople with the ability to expand upon their trade and learn other new skills.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on fuel cells installed at customer sites
- Commission new fuel cell installations
- Perform service/troubleshooting on ancillary equipment used with the fuel cell
- Understand mechanical components, electrical components, plumbing, and systems operation
- Utilize test equipment such as voltage and current measurement devices
- Use service manuals, troubleshooting diagrams, and work instructions to complete tasks independently
- Utilize existing electrical schematics to troubleshoot electrical components
- Use fuel cell remote monitoring system to control fuel cell as needed
Service Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance
- Ensure all company service vehicles are properly maintained
- Monitor and restock all spare parts for service vehicles
- Ensure all testing equipment and hand tools are in working condition
- Maintain accurate product maintenance histories
- Complete all reports prior to leaving customer site
- 4-6 years’ hands-on experience servicing/troubleshooting products containing a variety of electronic, electrical power and mechanical components
- Electrical, plumbing, and/or fuel processing system experience necessary
- Experience with troubleshooting systems
- Extensive experience with computer systems – specifically remote monitoring and control
- Flexibility to provide service to critical customer needs upon demand
- Knowledge of building management controls or previous experience in facility maintenance
- An understanding of large distribution switch gear 480 volt systems
- Professional, self-starter with strong desire to learn
- Good communication skills
- Available for overtime as needed
- Adaptability to complete various tasks as business needs change
- High School Diploma
- Electrical or HVAC trade school certification, AA/AS or equivalent degree preferred
- E1/E2 and P1/P2 license preferred, but not necessary
Yes – an appreciation of differing cultures, values and perceptions
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally may be required
- Passport required for travel outside U.S.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Apply here: Doosan