- 2121 Ward Court, NW, 5th Floor Washington, D.C. 20037
The Healthy Communities Manager will be responsible for managing key health-focused activities designed to meet RTC’s mission of building healthier places for healthier people. The duties are as follows:
- Play a key role in RTC’s Partnership for Active Transportation by facilitating and managing national relationships with—
• Public health organizations, agencies and companies
• Organizations and businesses that support the creation of opportunities for healthy outdoor activity
- Work with these national partners and RTC field staff to build similar coalitions at the state and local levels in places where RTC is working to advance trail networks and new sources of trail funding
- Work with federal agencies to integrate health into transportation decisions, and trails into public health programs
- Support RTC’s involvement in the Every Body Walk! Collaborative
- Track the latest research regarding health and active transportation, and provide health expertise to shape and elevate RTC’s research agenda
- Develop online content and other materials to make the case for active-transportation investment based upon public health benefits
- Serve as RTC’s lead ambassador to the health sector, finding new ways to engage the sector in furthering our shared objectives
- Work with management and development staff to identify and pursue health-related funding opportunities
- Represent RTC in health-related events and coalition work (e.g., Prevention Fund)
- Other duties as assigned
None. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Policy.
The ideal candidate will have—
- A degree in public health, active living or a related field (A bachelor’s degree is required; a graduate degree is highly preferred.)
- At least two years of relevant work experience (organizing, policy, planning, etc.)
- Experience organizing coalitions or partners
- An understanding of federal health policies and funding sources
- Excellent organizational, writing and communications skills
- A commitment to encourage active living, especially routine walking and bicycling
Normal office setting with low-to-moderate noise level, with some travel required.
RTC reserves the right to revise, change or reclassify this job description at any time in accordance with our business needs. This job description is by no means an implied contract.
How to Apply
Please use one form of transmitting your resume. No phone calls please, unless contacted for an in-person interview. Recruiters, please do not contact our offices.
Mail, fax or email cover letter, résumé and three professional references to:
Human Resources Manager
The Duke Ellington Building
2121 Ward Court, NW, 5th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20037