- 600 Windsor Pl., Somerville, MA, 02143
As the leader of the operations crew, the Operations Manager directs the installation of all raised beds, trellises, pest fences, irrigation systems and related products we provide our clients to successfully grow fruit and vegetables in the city. The Installation Manager works in conjunction with the Director of Operations to ensure all orders are installed in a timely and efficient manner. He or she oversees the crew and delegates tasks in-shop and on-site to ensure products are installed to meet or exceed client expectations.
The Installation Manager must be able to motivate, multi-task, troubleshoot, and improvise at an energetic pace. Strong people skills and the ability to direct others respectfully and effectively are requirements. The Installation Manager must also keep a constant eye toward improving products and systems as GCG continues to grow.
- This position does not involve farming or gardening on a regular basis, but there are occasional opportunities to plant-in a garden after it is installed.
In-shop (loading trucks):
– Direct crew putting finishing touches on out-going products
– Coordinate daily installation schedule with Director of Operations
– Driving tractor to load soil into trucks
– Use checklists to ensure all tools and materials are brought to site and returned
– Load products and tools into trucks emphasizing crew safety and safe transport of materials
On-site (installing products):
– Connect with point-person or homeowner to finalize details of installation
– Direct/delegate crew tasks during installation
– Employ basic landscaping skills to install / clean-up after installation
– Landscaping, basic carpentry, or construction experience (required)
– Experience operating a dump truck and/or a tractor (preferred)
– Experience driving with a trailer (preferred)
– Design-oriented; ability to identify where improvements can be made to products and systems
– Strong organizational skills and a sharp eye for detail
– Respectful, professional manner both with Crew and clients
– Ability to follow and carry out detailed directions from Director of Operations
– Ability to direct others effectively and efficiently
– Ability to maintain a positive attitude and motivate others
– Ability to adapt and improvise when necessary
– Ability to communicate needs and questions clearly
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
If interested, please send current resume (one page max.) and a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org