- Newark, NJ
AeroFarms is building a brand new state-of-the-art facility in Newark, NJ to serve the NY Metro area. The facility will be the world’s largest indoor vertical farm for leafy greens and herbs. To support substantial interest from national retailers, AeroFarms also plans a significant scaling of the business, including facilities in other cities and countries in the near future. The company is dedicated to enabling local production at a commercial scale in markets throughout the world.
We’re looking for an experienced and talented individual to lead the growing activities as our state-of-the-art facility in Newark, NJ to serve the NY Metro Area. This position will be responsible for all aspects of growing including but not limited to: Product Quality, Product Yields, HAACP, Food Safety.
In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams to ensure that long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies are followed. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high standards and good judgment. In addition, our organization values individuals who can lead by example and keep the focus on a team-centered environment with shared success.
- Lead the start-up of growing operations
- Manage all aspect of the growing activities such as:
- Crop production, health, and yield
- Daily schedules for seeding, harvesting, and packaging
- Lead IPM activities
- Proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Suggest and implement improvements to enhance efficiency, yield, and quality
- Ensure effective and ongoing compliance with:
- Food Safety and HAACP
- Quality Control procedures
- Ensure quality of all products, and compliance with product specifications
- Recruit, train, mentor and motivate the growing/farming team
- Lead continuous improvement programs to improve operating efficiencies, increase learning and develop new skills.
- Min. 5 years of experience in a leadership role in Growing/Farming
- A demonstrated history of progressive team management success
- Familiarity with Safe Quality Food (SQFR)
- 4-year degree in a relevant study
To Apply: We look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter to careers@AeroFarms.com.