- Woodland, CA
Empower Efficiency was hired to increase awareness and demand for energy efficiency behaviors, products, and programs. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic local and (preferably) Spanish-speaking resident of Woodland or a nearby community to join our Woodland team and help lead outreach efforts for a community-based energy efficiency campaign.
Position Summary: The Community Outreach Specialist is part of a locally-based team that uses grassroots organizing community-based social marketing methodologies to develop and maintain partnerships with the community, including design and execution of marketing and outreach campaigns. We are looking for candidates who are deeply rooted in the Woodland community and preferably bilingual in English and Spanish.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: planning local events in collaboration with partner organizations, providing service to office walk-in guests, tabling at community events, canvassing in local neighborhoods, recruiting and training volunteers, and writing newsletters and blogs. The Community Outreach Specialist will carefully track and document initiative progress through data collection, data entry, data quality control, and data analysis.
• Community Outreach: acquire and engage program participants; create, plan and implement campaigns; research, organize, and attend local tabling events; research, engage, and partner with local community organizations; attend relevant partner meetings; educate citizens on energy efficiency; plan local energy efficiency workshops and events; organize and participate in neighborhood canvassing; build trust-based stakeholder relationships.
• Data Entry: enter event details, partner information, and generated leads into data system. Check all data for accuracy and completeness. Document the journey of leads through several stages of engagement. Pull reports from the data system, complete information as necessary, and analyze the data.
• Media and social media: write for marketing brochures, social media, and blogs; monitor and log earned media (news) hits in press book.
• Volunteer Management: identify, train, and manage volunteers.
• Contractor Engagement: engage with local contractors and vendors for the initiative and work with them on lead acquisition and retention.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
• A minimum of one (1) year in campaign and grassroots organizing, plus one (1) year of experience in a sales, marketing, or consulting position
• Deep connections in the Woodland community
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
• Experience building and working with broad-based coalitions, such as business interests, environmental organizations, health associations, union interests, teachers, faith-based organizations, and others
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to develop and manage trust-based relationships
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience in writing for a variety of audiences, such as marketing materials, blogs, and client reports, as well as preparing and delivering public presentations
• Successful community outreach/organizing experience, or at least good knowledge and high interest in energy efficiency, clean energy, or sustainability campaigns
• Ability to condense and explain technical information to concise and pointed summaries that can be understood by diverse constituents. Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team
• Ability to design a work plan, prioritize tasks, and meet goals
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database applications
• Well-organized and self-motivated
• High attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks under strict deadlines
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and to work productively despite competing priorities, stress, and tight deadlines
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, and occasionally travel to the Bay Area
Compensation: $30,000 to $40,000 per year (commensurate with experience)
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should submit the following documents (in English):
• Resume – No more than two pages
• Cover Letter – Address the following questions in your cover letter:
o Why do you want this job?
o What do you bring to our team?
o What are your top three to five strengths?
• At least two professional references (name, phone, email, position, company, span of dates that worked for the reference)
Subject line of the email should read: Community Outreach Specialist Woodland – [First Name Last Name]
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the position filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application no later than January 22, 2016.
Apply here: Empower Efficiency