- Brooklyn, NY
We seek an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to support the administration of our programs and serve as an important liaison to our membership.
This is a part time position (14-21 hours per week). Work is to be done in our Brooklyn office during regular business hours, though there is flexibility with scheduling. Hourly pay is $12-$15, depending on experience.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Order fulfillment: assemble and ship educational and marketing materials
- Assist with inspection arrangements and other aspects of the certification programs
- Process incoming correspondence, certification documents, and membership dues
- Maintain up-to-date records for each member’s certification status
- Respond to inquiries from farmers and beekeepers interested in certification
- Provide general office support: assemble mailings, data entry, ordering supplies
- Other job-related duties as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, confident phone manner
- Self-starter and also a team player, responsive to feedback
- Strong customer service skills and interest in helping farmers
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work comfortably in an office environment
- Ability to give consistent careful attention to details, and to be organized College degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity and proficiency with office equipment and software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- Working knowledge of organic farming techniques and challenges
- Ability to write in a manner that is compelling, grammatical, clear and concise Demonstrated commitment to a grassroots initiative
- Proficiency with Quickbooks bookkeeping software
- Experience working on a farm
- Knowledge of food and farming policy issues
Opportunities to expand the position into special projects may exist for candidates with particular interests or expertise.
How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least two references. Email these items as a single PDF file attachment to Alice Varon, ExecutiveDirector, with the applicant’s first and last name included in the file name. No phone calls please.
Certified Naturally Grown is an equal opportunity employer and hires without regard to race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or physical disability. Interviews will begin by April 27.
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible. This position will start in mid-May.