Listed in Alternative Transportation
- Irvine, CA
We are seeking an experience and talented Multi-Service Lead Technical Representative to join our team!!
The purpose of this position is to represent Shimano in the field and be a product and repair expert at events. This person will be responsible for creating and administering clinics, overseeing event technical support, running consumer marketing booths, attending trade shows and sales meetings, interacting with the media and providing event, market and product feedback to various offices.
- Represent Shimano at various events in a professional manner as an event lead.
- Oversee the repair of bicycles in a safe manner at race and ride settings.
- Communicate current marketing messages to consumers at events.
- Share vital technical information with other mechanics from professional teams, bike schools, manufacturers, bike shops, other members of the cycling industry and the rest of SAC.
- Learn about new technology as it is released. Stay current on S-Tec.
- Oversee the transportation of Multi-Service vehicles and equipment to and from events according to set policies and regulations.
- Provide event, market and product feedback to various offices
- Meet Multi-Service requirements and policies as outlined by supervisor
- Manage event execution. Work with promoters and officials, select and supervise staff, work with SAC departments and sales agencies to ensure brand activation & arrange necessary lodging and flights.
- Participate in event selection and logistics planning.
- Maintain stable performance and poise in high stress situations.
- Compose event and trip reports.
- Set up and tear down vehicles and displays at events.
- Maintain vehicles and marketing displays.
- Manage SMS vehicle inventory.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- When able, help other bike division departments with their projects.
- On occasion, aid in simple tasks at the office such as warehouse organizing, etc.
- Supervise technicians and event staff.
- Meet requirements associated with interstate commercial driving including log books, vehicle maintenance, biannual physicals and compliance with DOT regulations.
- Submit monthly expense reports. Make and work within budgets for various projects.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Master level knowledge of bicycle mechanics and ability to troubleshoot and repair bicycles.
- Time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to present seminars to large groups of people
- Ability to demonstrate mechanical techniques to consumers and other members of the bike industry
- Ability to drive long hours and work outside the office for weeks or months at a time. Expect to work weekends and holidays.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Must have attention details.
- Attended USA Cycling Mechanic’s Clinic.
- Event Support Experience.
- Professional bike shop or team mechanic experience.
- Cross-country large vehicle driving experience a plus.
- Superior trouble shooting skills under extreme pressure.
- Ability to confidently represent Shimano in marketing booth and tech seminar situations.
- Take direction.
- USA Cycling Mechanic’s License.
- DOT medical card.
- Driver’s License with clean record.
High school diploma
Apply here: Shimano