- Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA
Whether you're an adventurous single looking for an unusual way to experience San Francisco or a parent with children over 12 years old trying to keep the family entertained on vacation, you'll love the unforgettable experience of riding a Segway.
The San Francisco Electric Tour Company is looking to hire a tour guide position for our Golden Gate Park Segway Tour Office!
This is a fun Segway Tour Guide Job – Year Round Employment with a flexible schedule. We are looking for fun, outgoing personalities and people who enjoy meeting other people from all over the world! Complete training is provided! No more being the tourist, be the attraction!
Schedule: Part time with some flexibility in scheduling. Each Segway tour requires a 3 1/2 (1 tour) to 7 hour (2 tours) shift.
Work Schedule: Weekends & 3 other days.
Now through November: Usually 3:30pm – 10pm
Compensation: Paid training at $12.50 per hour, Segway Tour Guide rate starting at $18.15 per hour + tips.
This job opening is for our our Golden Gate Park Segway tours.
All Segway riders must meet the following requirement per Segway Company: Riders must be over 100 pounds and less than 250 pounds.(46-113 Kilos) Riders must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail.
What we are looking for in a tour guide candidate:
- 1. Must be punctual
- 2. Must be available for 4-5 days a week
- 3. Neat appearance
- 4. Energetic, and comfortable outdoors in Bay Area wet, chilly and foggy weather
- 5. Great people skills
- 6. Ability to manage small groups of people, and speak loudly
- 7. Foreign language skills a plus.
- 8. Interested in talking about the history of San Francisco, Golden Gate Park, and surrounding areas
- 9. Knowledge of San Francisco is a big plus. We will provided complete training as a guide.
- 10. Let us know if you have acting or theatrical experience.
- 11. Candidate must be available for a minimum of 4 days a week.
Note: From APRIL through OCTOBER: We are very busy during the summer travel season so vacation breaks are not available during this period. Vacation / time off is scheduled during slower Fall & Winter seasons.
Our training, guest safety and guest courtesy are critical to our success. We want a positive tour experience for our guests and encourage respect for residents and visitors sharing the roads and bike paths in the city.
Job is available now!
The best way to apply for this job and get moved to the top of the list:
- 1. Send us a cover letter in the body of your email telling us why you would make a good tour guide.
- 2. Tell us the days / times that you are available.
- 3. Include references
- 4. Please attach your resume to the email.
- 5. Please do not call the tour office.We look to hold interviews next week, as we would like to fill this position soon!
This is a part-time job. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job! Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Apply here: Segway Tour Guide