Listed in Alternative Transportation
- Troy, MI
We are currently seeking Senior Research Engineer (E-PT Lab) to join our dynamic team in our Troy, MI as part of the Vehicle Component Company.
LG Electronics Vehicle Component’s Company focuses on commercializing eco-friendly automotive components and core solutions based on LG’s proprietary technologies. LG produces high-quality in-car infotainment systems that deliver both information and entertainment on-the-go for many of the world’s biggest automobile brands. The VC Company also develops electric compressors for automotive applications, e-traction motors for individual and integrated systems such as drive units and power electronics providing a total solution to meet specific market needs.
- Research state-of-the-art technology and solution for e-PT components and systems (e.g. Inverter, OBCM, Traction Motor, Battery Pack, Electric Compressor)
- Lead advanced e-PT projects with laboratories in universities
- Develop technology road map for the respective e-PT components and systems
- Develop advanced technology development process and integration into production projects
- Work with automotive OEMs in advanced e-PT projects
- Co-work with HQ product engineering center in the respective e-PT projects
- Coordinate and facilitate all activities for advanced engineering project’s stream of work
- Weekly project development report
- Technical review with HQ or automotive OMEs product engineers including area of intellectual property
- Detailed design output and report including simulation, analysis (incl. worst case analysis) and verification test results
- Design guidance, test procedure and standardized development process documentation
- Prototype sample with performance results versus the target of the respective project
- Master’s Degree is required.
- Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering area of study is highly preferred.
- Strongly Prefer a Ph.D. in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in the high voltage components is required
- Experience in HEV,PHEV an EV is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Korean) is preferred.
Apply here: LG Electronics