Listed in Communications
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated, and creative professional to own communications around the company’s sustainability and environmental programs. The right candidate will be a passionate self-starter, have sustainability and technology industry knowledge and creative big ideas, and be willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done – no detail will be too small and they’ll never say “that’s not my job”. They’ll be excited about building and executing strategic PR programs in both the short and long-term, and they’ll be able to deliver results.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with our sustainability team to identify PR opportunities, then build and execute strategic and creative communications programs that make the most of those opportunities – and that also feed into our broader corporate communications goals;
- React quickly to a changing landscape, while also looking around corners and thinking—and acting—long term;
- Prepare Amazon executives to serve as spokespeople;
- Be able to communicate effectively and serve as a spokesperson yourself with all types of media outlets – including business, technology, trade, broadcast, print, online, and everything in between;
- Earn trust internally and externally with many different audiences and stakeholders;
- Deliver counsel to Amazon executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities.
Proven ability, willingness, and desire to:
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes;
- Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it;
- Spot opportunities and develop creative, effective approaches to difficult challenges;
- Work hard and smart;
- Deal with ambiguity – have a bias for action and form a cohesive and effective outcome from potentially incongruous facts (or lack thereof) and individual perspectives;
- Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job; and
- Pay painstaking attention to important details.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of public relations;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the sustainability/environmental field;
- A track record of building creative communications programs and delivering results; and
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
Apply here: Amazon