Listed in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Mountain View, CA, USA
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You will be focused on enhancing and supporting Google’s activities in the energy and climate space by using Google’s tools and brand to catalyze action on a global scale. This can include developing and supporting programs that can impact the behaviors of policy leaders, companies and individuals around energy consumption and carbon reduction. You will work closely with non-profits, universities and industry groups. You will also work cross-functionally to find intersection points with other energy and climate related projects across Google. You will analyze current climate and energy research and trends, enhance Google’s point of view, and develop internal and external content and distribution strategies.
As a Sustainability Strategy Associate on the rapidly growing Energy team, you will need to be flexible enough to operate in a startup environment – you’ll likely be working on a variety of projects that can span research, design, engineering and products, and taking on tasks ranging from creating compelling presentations, to engaging with external organizations, to financial planning. Effective project management and communication skills, ability to work independently, and a passion for environmental sustainability and the impact Google can have on the world are essential.
- Manage internal and external energy initiatives, including existing partner relationships and internal business partners (partnerships, finance, legal and various technical teams) to deliver measurable results.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to leverage resources and create substantial impacts together.
- Develop communication content and strategies that can create impact and highlight Google’s efforts in energy and climate.
- Build compelling cases for new projects that can benefit our sustainability goals by leveraging an understanding of Google’s existing products, users and capabilities.
- Keep abreast of latest energy, climate and sustainability policies and best practices, while demonstrating deep expertise in specific technologies, markets and approaches.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience at a management consulting firm or investment bank
- Experience in project or program management, setting up and executing projects and operational processes.
- MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field.
- Demonstrated current knowledge of energy, climate and sustainability issues and innovative approaches to address resource use (energy, water, fuels) and carbon reductions.
- Ability and experience managing complex projects involving team members from multiple disciplines and external partners.
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with highly technical management team.
- Demonstrated strong performance with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
Apply Here: Sustainability Strategy Associate