Listed in Alternative Transportation
- Randolph, New Jersey
Responsible for Leading the Knorr-Bremse NJ production/testing and assembly department activities to achieve performance goals in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Morale in a Team-based environment. Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction; Team member development, and Continuous Improvement activities.
Major Job Duties:
- Provide leadership for a production assembly areas team; including first-line supervisory personnel. Lead the line teams activities in all aspects / team spokesman.
- Lead the assembly operations to ensure production quality and quantity targets are achieved.
- Implementation of quality guidelines per product. Take the leadership role in driving Continuous Improvement in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Morale.
- Establishing strong and effective working relationships that are conducive to maintaining a union-free work environment.
- Overall responsibility for testing process in the assembly cell. Ensure that Team members are taught and understand their roles, responsibilities, and are given appropriate performance feedback.
- Measures and records productivity hours of the line/cell team
- Create an environment which promotes the utilization of Knorr Production System (Lean Manufacturing) methodologies.
- Responsible for cell/line equipment efficiency. Ensure adequate resources to troubleshoot existing processes and equipment to eliminate waste and quality issues.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; including effective problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills, in a Team-based environment.
- Proven Team leadership and Team-building skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with emphasis on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT principles preferred.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems such as ISO 9000 or TS 16949 standards preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of electronic/electrical assembly, troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to teach and demonstrate organizational values; performance management techniques; and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience, in a manufacturing environment, successfully handling multiple priorities.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar position relating to Electromechanical /Electronic products assembly and testing
- 3-5 years’ experience leading in a Lean Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Green Belt certification preferred.
Apply here: Bendix