Listed in Waste Management
- Spokane, WA
Ecova makes businesses and utilities more successful through global energy and sustainability management. We blend data and technology, with people and insight, to drive powerful results.
The Team Leader is responsible for leading and motivating assigned team members of the Department. The Team Leader coordinates workflow to achieve optimum quality and efficiency, coaches team members to improve performance, oversees staff administration needs of the assigned team, while ensuring customer expectations are understood and met through ongoing communication with the client and internal partners. The team Leader also drives overall Business Process Improvement through participation and leadership in key projects and initiatives.
- Accountable for the day to day operational effectiveness of multiple processes and roles, within assigned team, delivering our Utility Expense Management offering.
- Communicates goals through daily huddles and whiteboard numbers.
- Works with employees to improve performance, provides ongoing feedback, and develops plans with employees to identify career development opportunities.
- Recognizes and celebrates department and individual accomplishments.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements, and recommends changes as appropriate. Participates in BPI projects, implements and executes opportunities.
- Partners with Human Resources regarding some aspects of staffing, evaluating performance and staff development. Other responsibilities include, timekeeping, and leave requests.
- Regarded as second level escalation point for complex client issues.
- Responsible for team performance and client engagement as it relates to Ecova’s day-to-day interaction with a set of contractually unique clients and their book of business, which represents millions of dollars worth of revenue.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) and “go-to” technical and systems resource for team members, clients and other departments.
- Foster and support a culture of teamwork to build employee commitment and enthusiasm for the success of the team and our business.
- Collaborates with Training to determine the needs of the team and employees to ensure levels of quality are being met.
- Build relationships with peers to develop cross functional knowledge base and share best practices.
- Partners with other departments to improve client and employee experience.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing assigned employee engagement budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- BA degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience within a team or organization required.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Ecova’s full suite of services preferred.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and workflow. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have strong computer skills, including intermediate level aptitude in Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage expectations with employees and clients.
- Demonstrates the ability to voice concerns with management and executives.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership principles.
- Ability to adapt to and lead change.
- Strong understanding of Ecova’s departments and processes.
Apply here: Ecova