- 15 Maiden Lane Suite 1600 New York, NY 10038
BerlinRosen, a leading national strategic communications firm, is seeking a Vice President to help our Cities practice meet a wide range of campaign and communications goals for clients that are shaping the future of cities in real estate, architecture, transportation, and technology.
The position is ideal for candidates with 6+ years of relevant experience in strategic communications, journalism, or government. Excellent writing skills are a must. The position is based in New York.
This position provides candidates with a unique opportunity to join a talented and growing team working on some of the most high-profile urban projects of our time. Clients in BerlinRosen’s Cities practice include Sidewalk Labs, Two Trees Management, Motivate, Forest City Ratner Companies, Cornell Tech, and Santiago Calatrava.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Developing the strategy and campaign planning for multiple client accounts while managing a team that implements it with minimal supervision from managers
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
- Managing relationships with key reporters and advising other staff on the best way to engage with the media
- Actively supporting business development
Applicants should possess:
- 6+ years of experience with 3+ years of demonstrated staff management experience working in a team to meet group objectives
- Demonstrated relationships with New York reporters at top-tier outlets
- Demonstrated issue experience in real estate or land use
- Excellent news and political savvy; deep knowledge of New York media
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Experience leading communications/media campaigns around policy or political issues
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in a communications-related field
- Familiarity and interest in local, state, and national politics, and a commitment and passion for progressive politics
- A sense of humor!
Salary: Very competitive
Benefits: 401K, Bonuses, Dental, Vision, Health
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and our client is committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply here: BerlinRosen