- Frontier, OK
As a Wind Site Manager, you will be responsible for the overall leadership, management, and success of one or more wind power plants. You’ll be responsible for key performance objectives such as safety, execution excellence, customer loyalty, and financial performance. Your leadership will help drive an effective team dynamic and ensure that the wind site operates at peak efficiency.
Vestas is looking for safety-focused managers with experience from leadership, to financials, and all that’s in-between. The key responsibilities are for the overall leadership, management, and success of a single or multiple “smaller” wind turbine sites. With consistent growth and opportunity in Vestas and persistence in customer satisfaction, we would like you to join our team here in North America.
- Lead and develop a team that models Vestas values and high standards of performance.
- Provide effective leadership that achieves a highly aligned, engaged and motivated site team that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators and Operational Objectives.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with customers and internal partners.
- Implement and manage all safety practices and protocols within Vestas’s organizational standards to ensure compliance and optimal safety results with a team that demonstrates safe behaviors.
- Achieves a culture of excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the site organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas.
- Responsible for the site budget, cost center management, and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for customer account management and service contract compliance.
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.).
- Associates degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience and knowledge of wind turbines and power plant operations is preferred. Will consider similar industry and/or technology such as hydraulic, rotating heavy equipment service and maintenance
- Significant experience as a leader of a field-deployed technician team with responsibility for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Experience managing safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and quality methodology skills.
- Previous accountability for budgeting, P&L, and cost management.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve customer loyalty through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation.
- Valid driver’s license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Ability to successfully complete a 200-400 foot pre-employment climb test, pre-employment physical and drug screen, criminal background check, and driving record check. Knowledge of technical drawings and schematics.
- Applicants must meet and comply with requirements and limitations of relevant PPE and safety equipment.
Apply here: Vestas