- White Plains, NY
Dannon in Fresh Dairy Products is looking for a Zero Waste Manager 1 in White Plains
With our global presence, brands and business within our mission,bringing health through food to as many people as possible; we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
This role reports to Sr. Director Supply Planning & Strategy and is accountable for the integration & animation of the total waste initiatives for NORAM (Dannon, Stonyfield & Canada). This individual kicks-off and leads the NORAM total waste network.
Deliver the ambition of Danone Dairy to reduce Waste by 50% in 5 years. Lead a transversal project team in delivering waste reduction & valorization activities. Follow up on results and program delivery. Foster a Zero Waste mindset in the organization by animating the program with all stakeholders.
• Build an action plan to reduce and recover waste within the CBU’s factory & supply chain.
• Waste includes Finished Product in supply chain & factories destroyed, donated or sold in clearance, Milk, Raw & Pack Losses as well as returns/credits of in store waste (retail Buy Backs).
• Analyze causes and impact of waste (cost and volume).
• Prioritize actions based on the value and/or the potential to reduce or recover waste.
• Project manager of the transversal Zero Waste project team:
• Lead the team to deliver the Zero Waste Action plan
• Chair weekly project meetings to follow up on execution
• Weekly and Monthly monitoring & communication of progress on financial & volume performance and action plan execution using a Total Waste scorecard.
• Represent Zero Waste in CBU Waste steerco. Report performance on results & action follow up, and escalate issues if needed.
• Train all relevant stakeholders on Zero Waste approach using the Zero Waste Finished Products & Ideal Factory Toolkits and Standards..
• Foster a Zero Waste mindset by animating the impact of Waste on CBU’s Operational Margin and Sustainability /Carbon impact
• Connect with WBU Zero Waste team to build the program & follow up on results.
• Challenge organization to drive impact and results.
• Leads implementation & change through stakeholders (SCH , Manufacturing)
• Educates and raises awareness of total waste initiatives at company level
• Education: MSC preferably in Supply Chain Management
• Proven track record in Fresh/Dairy planning
• Great analytical skills
• Relationship/ Network builder
• Change agent
• Experience with Lean-Six Sigma and/or Continuous Improvement
• Deep knowledge & understanding of Supply Chain Network & planning / Production Planning
• Customer Service
• Capacity to lead through influence
• Ability to stay focused and deliver while under pressure
• Successful problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to independently formulate plan(s) to deliver job commitments
• Able to build strong relationships with cross functional peers and external suppliers
Apply here: Danone